"China earthquake is karma" - Sharon Stone

I'm not the biggest fan of China's government - I think they could do more around human rights. In fairness I'm not Gordon Brown's biggest fan either and don't even get me started on Clinton.

All of that said I have a new candidate to be taken off to a Chinese labour camp. Step forward "actress" Sharon Stone.

The earthquake in China has been a human tragedy - No-one could or should doubt that. The people killed (including so many children) don't make policy decisions and probably couldn't even find Tibet or Burma on a map - They live their lives day to day, and are PEOPLE just like us who still have homes, loved ones and jobs.

And then their world changed forver.

While I don't want to give this woman the oxygen of publicity or even invite people to think that her comments in some way make any sense I have a link the video here.

I can't quite believe I am actually typing these words,

"I've been concerned about how should we deal with the Olympics, because they are not being nice to the Dalai Lama, who is a good friend of mine," she said. "And then all this earthquake and all this stuff happened, and I thought, is that karma - when you're not nice that the bad things happen to you?"

Making this comment can surely only add to the misery experienced by so many people who in no way deserve criticism. Shame on this woman for her comments and society for letting her open her mouth. Taping it shut would be Karma. Ahmen.

3 Responses to ""China earthquake is karma" - Sharon Stone"

Dave says
30 May 2008 at 17:08

Actually Sharon Stone was quite correct about the earthquake being caused by China's bad karma as a nation. Burma also has plenty has plenty of bad karma.

See more more info on group karma at http://www.sentforlife.com/karma.html

Anonymous

A jewelery company called Damiani (which owns a restaurant in Elements, Kowloon) has decided to pick her up as a spokesperson, despite her comments (you may recall, Dior dropped her as a spokesperson in China).

Anonymous

I've been lurking for a while, I suppose it is time to leave a comment. I feel the same way too, the children don't even know anything about politics so it's quite harsh to blame them for communism. Maybe sharon stone was referring to the fact that a lot of chinese people (probably the families of victims) do support their government, but I think politics just goes out the window when the lives of your children are at stake. And sharon stone isn't that intelligent.

-by the way, you have my dream job working for cathay pacific. I plan on moving back to hong kong in the near future, but I'm afraid my inability to read chinese would deter me from landing (har har!) a job at Swire corp.

brutalturtle.blogspot.com