5 Things I hate about Hong Kong

Yesterday I told you what I love about Hong Kong, today we'll look at the bad:

1. Weather It gets hotter than Hades at times in this place
2. Crowds Does no one wait while you try and get off the MTR?
3. Noodles Some days I just want a burger, a really good burger
4. Turtles They have eaten all my Tetra fish and have now started on my plants.
5. Porsches Hong Kong has more super cars per person than anywhere else in the world. The problem - I don't have one yet

Number 5 really bothers me at the moment. Mrs b won't let me buy the car until I have the cash. For some reason robbing a bank is illegal (and she says I can't use diplomatic immunity for this despite what I feel is "fair grounds; a need for some cash quickly") and she won't let me get a loan (too expensive - Oh OK! The fact the car costs $900,000 isn't??!).

I feel that she is being unreasonable - I have given her two very good ideas on how we could buy the car and she has rejected both. Then again she is a woman, so being unreasonable (especially about cars) is normal/to be expected. Oh how I wish for the Victorian times when women didn't have the vote and therefore could not decide what the husband spent his money on (and yes before you tell me I know they didn't have Porsches in those days).

Anyone who has managed to persuade their wives to let them buy a ridiculously expensive car that is completely useless and destroys the planet, please leave a comment and tell the rest for us what your secret is.

9 Responses to "5 Things I hate about Hong Kong"

FBT says
14 May 2007 at 02:36

I believe the late unlamented Robert Kissell's method was to get all coked up and then sodomise his spouse into submission. This apparently works up till the point when she drugs you with a strawberry-flavoured milkshake and beats you to death with an ornately-fashioned Balinese figurine.

weenie says
14 May 2007 at 17:54

This is the age of equality, so wouldn't be surprised if your missus went out and bought the car and you got to ride in it....

That's what my sis did!

Anonymous

You missed the answer in a documentary just last week - all about this book:
http://www.surrenderedwife.com/

Caz may take some persuading of course ;)

Love the pug pup...

Anonymous

Well its not the same but I got my new BMC road bike due to the wife and daughter tagging along with her friends to Mexico. I got a week off and a new bike. But the bike was only $2300.00 American. Not sure what the porsche would exchange for.

ali bullock says
16 May 2007 at 02:35

I like the idea of my Mrs buying the car! Sadly, I am not sure that this is going to happen.

As we are ex-pats we get a discount on the sales tax, but even this is not enought o convince her!

ali bullock says
16 May 2007 at 02:35

Glad you like our puppy. More photos to follow...

Mia says
16 May 2007 at 05:48

Re #1 It's going to get wayyyyy hotter, and stickier.

962 says
17 May 2007 at 06:03

fbt
I didnt know about the soddomy now wonder he ended his days in a good rug

962 says
17 May 2007 at 06:08

Actually victorian husbands are actualy not a good role model, their wives had no votes, no rights to wealth and no contol over how their husbands used their bodies.
I dont think the fact that your wife dosent want you to have a Porche is that unreasonable.
However why 900k
get a good used model from Carrera cars with a road and track history and you will be paying about 200k thats not so bad is it.