Politician cheats on wife...! No really!!

Apparently the NY Times calls this news - Shocking, I tell you shocking, a politician has cheated on his wife and is now trying to hold onto his job... One wonders what ever happened to the politicians that when they (or their staff) did wrong resigned. Sigh.

But there you go - He is guilty of all sorts and wife only sticks with him due to the fact that if she did divorce him and he has no job, she gets nothing.

Frankly they deserve each other.... But I thought I would translate his press release for fun.


Spitzer: I must now dedicate some time to regain the trust of my family.

Translation: I got my apology out in the first news cycle, and now I'm going dark. If this was France no one would care.

Spitzer: I apologise for my behavior.

Translation: Why can't I be major of Paris, the French get away with this stuff all the time, hell they even get elected based on it, and then I wouldn't have to pretend I'm sorry.

Spitzer: I will not be taking questions. Thank you very much.

Translation: Why isn't it Friday, so this could die into the weekend? And why am I not already the Mayor of France?

(Note: Yes I know you can't be mayor of France, its Paris, but as he is American and therefore the translation reflects his inability to understand any city outside of the US.)

I hate all politicians. And so do I suspect do you!

2 Responses to "Politician cheats on wife...! No really!!"

Spike says
11 March 2008 at 16:15

The thing is, from your post, I get the feeling you don't know anything about the person you're attacking.

As Attorney General of New York State, Spitzer protected the little guy, successfully prosecuted multi national corporations and brought down the Gambino crime syndicate.

He screwed some hookers, immediately owned up to it when caught, and reports now say that his resignation will be in place within the next 24 hours.

The hypocrisy here is that he prosecuted large organized prostitution rings, only to be caught partaking of same, and that's why he will resign. He should have saved it for trips to Wanchai.

ali bullock says
12 March 2008 at 04:58

While I agree that the hypocrisy is around what he did and paid for - I understand the American system well enough to know that he got caught, know he was doing was wrong and his resignation letter should be on his bosses desk.

Anyway. One more Hillary supporter out of the way and thats no bad thing!