A new favorite quote from the SCMP: China PR


So China is building its own (and I stress) COPY of London's millennium Wheel. Now having been to Beijing I have no idea what people are going to see at the top of this attraction other than smog, which interestingly this "artists" mock up does not seem to have.

But the best bit form the article is the quote from the PR manager. and yes he really did say this, "When you take a ride, you can see all the new developments in the city's business district, parts of the Forbidden City. And with a bit of imagination, you can see the great wall."

Lets read that last bit again, "with a bit of imagination you can see the Great Wall." ???! What??! With a bit of imagination I can see the great Wall from my office window in Hong Kong... Doesn't mean I can actually see it!

China PR team strikes again. Link here to the full story (subscription required)

0 Responses to "A new favorite quote from the SCMP: China PR"